EU Blue Card is a special form of authorization of residence and work that facilitates the holder access to the EU labour market. More specifically, the EU Blue Card project was designed to make Europe a more attractive destination for highly qualified people from outside the European Union.
When we talk about basic requirements needed to access request this card, we have to consider that the person:
- Is not unlawfully in Spanish territory.
- Has no criminal record.
- Does not appear as reprehensible in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement to that effect.
- Has paid the fee for processing the temporary residence permit.
However, in relation to the activity to develop, whenever the national employment situation allows the hiring of a foreign worker, the employer will need to present some documents:
- An employment contract.
- Justify that the conditions specified in the contract conform to those established by current regulations and the collective agreement is applicable for the same activity.
- Formalize the registration in the corresponding regime of the Social Security and is currently up to date with his tax and social security obligations.
- Provide sufficient financial, personal or material means for his business project and to meet salary obligations with the employee.
- Pay the fee for the work permit.
Keep in mind that this card has the possibility of being renewed applying always under the required conditions, being this an advantage for both the foreign and the employer when both parties are satisfied.
And as a bonus, this card also allows to request a temporary residence authorization for abroad family members who wish to have their residence here.
To apply for this type of residence or any other, we remind you that Daemi Zabalza & Asociados has a team of expert lawyers specialized in immigration law with extensive experience and 100% success rating in processing these residence permits.