What is the Golden Visa?
The law 14/2013 of 27 September, to support entrepreneurs and its internationalization in Spain entered a new type of visa and residence permit which is granted to foreign investors known as Golden Visa.
For the Golden Visa only foreigners who are not citizens of the European Union and who do not have residence permits in Spain at the time of applying for it can request it.
You can access the Golden Visa fulfilling one of the following investments:
- Investing in real estate in Spain equal to or greater than 500,000 euros.
- Invest in Spanish public debt equal to or greater than 2 million.
- Acquire shares or shares of Spanish companies alike than 1 million euros.
- Bank deposits in Spanish banks equal or higher than 1 million euros.
- Develop a business project in Spain, considered and accredited as being of general interest and meeting some of the following requirements:
- Creating jobs.
- Making an investment with relevant socio-economic impact.
- Relevant scientific and / or technological innovation contribution.
What are the benefits of the Golden Visa?
- You can reside in Spain a maximum of 1 year.
- Travel freely and without restrictions by the Schengen area. Currently the countries of the Schengen zone are Spain, Germany, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, Norway, Austria, France, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta , Netherlands, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia and Sweden.
- It is not necessary stay in Spain for at least 183 days to apply for the renewal and further the applicant can maintain their tax residence outside Spain.
- You may apply for renewal to the termination of the visa for 2 years, renewable for a period of 2 years.
- You can bring your family (spouse and children) with you.
What are the requirements to access the Golden Visa?
The requirements depend on the type of investment you want to develop, the most suitable modality in your case, and of course your nationality, since there are countries considered “uncooperative by Spain”, making it difficult to process and requires experience and competence in this field, which we have.
If you want to find out more about the Golden visa, please contact us.